The highest point in Japan is mount Fuji which stands at 12,388 ft.
Japan has the third longest life expectancy in the world with men living to 81 years old and women living to almost 88 years old. The Japanese live on average four years longer than Americans.
Japan is located in East Asia, with a population of 126 million people. Its capital is Tokyo, and the currency is Yen. The official language spoken in Japanese.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Coming of Age Day (Date Varies)
- National Foundation Day (Feb 11)
- The Emperor’s Birthday (Feb 23)
- Vernal Equinox Day (Mar 20)
- Showa Day (Apr 29)
- Constitution Memorial Day (May 3)
- Greenery Day (May 4)
- Children’s Day (May 5)
- Marine Day (Date Varies)
Want to learn more? Check out Japan’s tourism website.
It has 23 world heritage sites including:
- Buddhist Monuments in the Horyu-ji Area
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Gusuku Sites and Related Properties of the Kingdom of Ryukyu
- Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region
It also has many national parks including: