Israel is the only country in the world that has more trees today than it did 50 years ago
The capital of the Jewish state is Jerusalem. Jerusalem is a holy city for three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Israel is in the Middle East, with a population of 8.6 million people. Its capital is Jerusalem, and the currency is the New Israeli Sheqel (NIS). The official languages spoken in Israel are Hebrew and Arabic.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Pesach I (Date Varies)
- Pesach VII (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (Date Varies)
- Victory Day (May 9)
- Pentecost (Date Varies)
- Fast of Ninth of Av (Date Varies)
- Rosh Hashanah (Date Varies)
- Day of Atonement (Date Varies)
- Sukkot (Date Varies)
- Simchat Torah (Date Varies)
Want to learn more? Check out Israel’s tourism website.
It has nine world heritage sites including:
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee
- Biblical Tels – Megiddo, Haro, Beer Sheba
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves
- Old City of Acre
It also has many national parks including: