Indonesia has 139 volcanoes, behind only the U.S. and Russia for the most volcanoes.
Indonesia is known for being the 4th most populated country in the world, just behind China, India, and the United States.
Indonesia is in Southeast Asia, with a population of 271 million people. Its capital is Jakarta, and their currency is Rupiah. The official language spoken in Indonesia is Indonesian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Imlek (Date varies)
- Isra Miraj (Date varies)
- Hari Raya Nyepi (Date varies)
- Good Friday (Date varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Cuti Bersama (Date varies)
- Ascension Day (Date varies)
- Hari Raya Puasa (Date varies)
- Waisak Day (Date varies)
- Pancasila Day (Jun 1)
- Idul Adha (Date varies)
- Muharram (Date varies)
- Independence Day (Aug 17)
- Maulidur Rasul (Date varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has nine world heritage sites including:
- Borobudur Temple Compounds
- Cultural Landscape of Bali Province: the Subak System as a Manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy
- Ombilin Coal Mining Heritage of Sawahlunto
- Prambanan Temple Compounds
It also has 12 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Indonesia’s tourism website!