Shampoo was invented in India. The word “shampoo” comes from the Sanskrit word “champu”, which means “to message.”
In India, cows are protected by their constitution. Killing a cow in India is a crime.
India is in South Asia, with a population of 1.4 billion people. Its capital is New Delhi, and their currency is Indian Rupee. The official languages spoken in India is Hindi and English.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Birthday of Swami Vivekananda (Date varies)
- Tusu Puja (Date varies)
- Thiruvalluvar Day (Date varies)
- Kanuma (Date varies)
- Republic Day (Jan 26)
- Shab e-Barat (Date varies)
- Holi Holiday (Date varies)
- Babu Jagjivan Ram Birthday (Apr 5)
- Ram Navami (Date varies)
- Independence Day (Aug 15)
- Ganesh Chaturthi (Date varies)
- Mahatma Gandhi Birthday (Oct 2)
- Durgashtami (Date varies)
- Maulud Nabi (Date varies)
It has 38 world heritage sites including:
It also has 105 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out India’s tourism website!