China is about the same size as the continental USA but it only has one official time zone.
The Great Wall of China is the largest man made structure in the world, stretching over 5,500 miles.
Chinese white dolphins, which live off southern China, are often pink. China’s Yunnan snub-nosed monkeys live at a higher altitude than any other primate except humans.
China is located in East Asia, with a population of 1.4 billion people. Its capital is Beijing, and their currency is the Renminbi (Yuan). The official language is Mandarin Chinese.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Spring Festival (Date Varies)
- Spring Festival Holiday (Date Varies)
- Ching Ming Festival (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (Date Varies)
- Dragon Boat Festival (Date Varies)
- Mid Autumn Festival Holiday (Date Varies)
- Chinese National Day (Date Varies)
Want to learn more? Check out China’s tourism website.
It has 37 world heritage sites including:
- Ancient Building Complex in the Wudang Mountains
- Classical Gardens of Suzhou
- Dazu Rock Carvings
- Lushan National Parks
- Mount Wutai
It also has 11 national parks including:
Fun activities to do