Ethopia is said to be one of the oldest nations on Earth and is believed to have been founded around the year 980 B.C.
Ethiopia was one of the few countries in Africa that was not colonized.
Ethiopia is in East Africa, with a population of 109 million people. Its capital is Addis Ababa, and the currency is the Ethiopian Birr. The official language spoken in Ethiopia is Amharic.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Ethiopian Christmas (Jan 07)
- Orthodox Epiphany (Jan 19)
- Victory of Adwa (Mar 02)
- Ethiopian Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 01)
- Ethiopian Easter (Date Varies)
- Patriots’ Victory Day (May 05)
- Eid al – Fitre (Date Varies)
- Downfall of the Derg (May 28)
- Eid Al Adada (Date Varies)
- Ethiopian New Year (Sep 11)
- Meskel (Sep 27)
- Moulid (Date Varies)
It has nine world heritage sites including:
It also has a number of national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Ethiopia’s tourism website.
Also check out the National Museum of Ethiopia.
Fun activities to do
To download the flag and map:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…