Hungary has won more than 465 Olympic medals.
The Hungarian language is said to be the hardest language to learn. The main reason for this is because it originated from the steppe of Central Asia and the ancestors of the Magyar tribe.
Hungary is one of the oldest countries in Europe. It was founded in 895, which makes it older than France and Germany.
Hungary is located in Central Europe, with a population of 9.773 million people. Its capital is Budapest and the currency is the Hungarian Forint. The official language of Hungary is Hungarian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Revolution Day (Mar 15)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Sunday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Mother’s Day (Dat Varies)
- Pentecost Sunday (Date Varies)
- Pentecost Monday (Date Varies)
- Father’s Day (Date Varies)
- Saint Stephen’s Day (Aug 20)
- Republic Day (Oct 23)
- All Saint’s Day (Nov 1)
- Christmas Holiday (Dec 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Second Day of Christmas (Dec 26)
It has eight world heritage sites including:
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pecs
- Ferto / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- Old Village of Holloko and its Surroundings
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Culture Landscape
It also has 10 national parks including: