The five stars on the Honduras flag represent the five countries of Central America, with Honduras as the center star because of its central location.
Christopher Columbus discovered Honduras.
Honduras is in North America, with a population of 1.4 million people. Its capital is Tegucigalpa, and their currency is Honduran lempira(HNL).The official language in Honduras is Spanish.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Father’s Day (Mar 19)
- Holy Week Holiday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Day (Date Varies)
- Panamerican Day (Apr 14)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Mother’s Day (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (Sep 15)
- Semana Morazánica (Date Varies)
- Discovery of America Day (Date Varies)
- Francisco Morazan’s Birthday (Date Varies)
- Army Day (Date Varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has two world heritage sites:
It also has 18 national parks including:
- Capiro Calentura National Park
- Celaque National Park
- Cerro Azul de Copán National Park
- Cerro Azul Meámbar National Park
- Cusuco National Park
Want to learn more? Check out Honduras’s tourism website!