Haiti has the world’s largest solar-powered hospital.
Haiti’s national animal is Hispaniolan Trogon which known for its’ singing because it is slow and can be heard from a distance.
Haiti is in North America, with a population of 11.12 million people. Its’ capital is Port-au-Prince, and the currency is the Haitian Gourde. The official languages are French Haitian Creole.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Independence Day (Jan 1)
- Ancestry Day (Jan 2)
- Carnival Tuesday (Date Varies)
- Ash Wednesday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Labour and Agriculture Day (May 1)
- Flag and Universities’ Day (May 18)
- Corpus Christi (Date Varies)
- Assumption day (Aug 15)
- Dessalines Day (Oct 17)
- All Saints’ Day (Nov 1)
- All Souls’ Day (Nov 2)
- Battle of Vertieres Day (Nov 18)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)