Greenland was known as the “Land of People”.
Greenland’s national animal is the Polar Bear which known as the “white bear” because of the white fur it has.
Greenland is in North America, with a population of 56,877 people. Its’ capital is Nuuk, and the currency is the Danish Krone. The official language is Greenlandic.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Epiphany (Jan 6)
- Maundy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- General Prayer Day (Date Varies)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Ullortuneq (Jun 21)
- Christmas Eve (Dec 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Second Day of Christmas (Dec 26)
- New Year’s Eve (Dec 31)