The beautiful Czech Republic is a land of castles and mountains, history and charm. It’s also known worldwide for its mouth-blown decorated art glass and crystal, all individually made.
Mushroom hunting is a favorite pastime of the Czech people. In the autumn it is a national passion in the damp forests. They gather yearly at St. Václav Day in September and the hunts can be quite competitive.
Czechia is in Central Europe, with a population of 10.65 million people. Its capital is Prague, and their currency is Czech Koruna. Their official language is Czech.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Restoration Day of the Independent Czech State (Jan 1)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Liberation Day (May 8)
- St Cyril and Methodius Day (Jul 5)
- Jan Hus Day (Jul 6)
- St. Wenceslas Day (Sep 28)
- Independent Czechoslovak State Day (Oct 28)
- Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day (Nov 17)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- St. Stephen’s Day (Dec 26)