Côte d’Ivoire is the world’s largest exporter of cocoa, which is used to make chocolate.
Côte d’Ivoire was once called the “teeth coast” due to the trade in ivory.
Côte d’Ivoire is in Western Africa, with a population of 26 million people. Its capital is Yamoussoukro, and there currency is West African CFA franc. The official language is French.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Revelation of the Qur’an (Date Varies)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Korité (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Tabaski (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (Aug 7)
- Assumption Day (Aug 15)
- Prophet’s Birthday (Date Varies)
- All Saints’ Day (Nov 1)
- National Peace Day (Nov 15)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)