The amazon river flows through Brazil, it is the 2nd largest river in the world.
Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in Brazil with the national team consistently among the best in the world, winning the World Cup a record 5 times.
Brazil is in South America, with a population of 28.8 million people. Its capital is Brasilia, and their currency is Brazilian real(BRL).The official language in Brazil is Portuguese.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Carnival (Date Varies)
- Ash Wednesday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Tiradentes Day (April 21)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Mother’s Day (Date Varies)
- Corpus Christi (Date Varies)
- State Rebellion Day (Jul 9)
- All Souls’ Day (Nov 2)
- Republic Day (Nov 15)
- Black Awareness Day (Nov 20)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has 11 world heritage sites including:
- Historic Centre of Salvador de Bahia
- Atlantic Forest South-East Reserves
- Brazilian Atlantic Islands: Fernando de Noronha and Atol das Rocas Reserves
It also has 72 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Brazil’s tourism website!