Bouvet Island is volcanic and has high cliffs on all sides (created by high waves over thousands of years). 90% of its area is covered by glaciers (ice).
The climate is cold and does not change much, with an average of +1 °C in the warmest month, and −3 °C in the coldest. There are penguins, sea birds and seals on the island.
Bouvet Island is an uninhabited subantarctic volcanic island located in the South Atlantic Ocean, and it is a dependency of Norway. Their currency is Norwegian krone(NOK).
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Palm Sunday (Date Varies)
- Maundy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Workers’ Day (May 1)
- Feast of the Ascension of Jesus Christ (Date Varies)
- Constitution Day (May 17)
- Pentecost (Date Varies)
- Pentecost Monday (Date Varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Day after Christmas (Dec 26)