Project Title: Where’s Waldo Group Project
Description: Students create a character, and paste into a collection of characters.
Grade level or Target Age Range: preschool to middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Where is Waldo book
Vocabulary: character design
Materials: paper, color pencils, scissors, tape, large construction paper, where’s waldo cut out
Anticipatory Set: Discussion on teamwork when making art
- Create a character using pencil
- Color it in
- Cut out the character
- Tape it to the construction paper
- Tape other’s characters into the construction paper
Discussion: Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
- How is it like working in a group for art?
- Why is your character special?