Materials: Paper, pencils, card and envelope templates and xeroxes, glue, scissors, markers, rubber stamps, double-sided tape, double-sided foam, tape, scrapbooking paper crafts, card greetings and quotes
- Basic Blank Card: Fold 8 ½” x 11″ paper in half from top to bottom so it will measure 8 ½” x 5 ½”. Fold across horizontally so it will be 4 ¼” x 5 ½” and will fit inside envelope.
- Make an envelope by tracing template, cutting it out, folding, and gluing.
- Add details using markers: draw heart-shaped fish, flowers, mouse, etc.
- Write quotes and/or messages to be placed inside envelope for seniors or soldiers (Use first names ONLY or general salutations when signing: “Your friends from Art Sphere”).
Or cut out a series of heart shapes in different sizes and glue them in layers onto doilies. Or ink a rubber stamp and stamp directly on folded paper or stamp multiple times on a piece of colored paper.
- Cut out stamped images (using scissors, Exacto-knife on cardboard or card cutter) and layer over one another on the front of your folded blank card.
- Use double-sided foam tape to attach the stamped images to the card and give them a 3D effect.
Or collage a card with scrapbook papers, magazine images, and text. Fold paper like an accordion for pop up effects, add origami, and be creative. Experiment, share ideas, explore materials, and work collaboratively!