Title/Description: Screen Printing Posters and T-shirts
Level: Middle/High School
Duration: One 45-minute class period
Historical Overview: To introduce silk screen printmaking and graphics techniques
Materials: Silk screen, 250-watt photo bulb, poly gloves, letter set, squeegees, photo emulsion, textile ink, t-shirts, poster paper, brush, cardboard
- Students make their own drawings.
- Transfer drawings to screen using photographic equipment and photo emulsion.
- Use squeegee to wipe ink evenly across silk screen surface.
- Print on paper first (as test run), and then on t-shirts (put cardboard inside shirt so ink doesn’t bleed through).
- Add details with poster paint.