Project Title: Rococo Fans
Description: Students create a fan with Rococo Influence
Grade level or Target Age Range: preschool to middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Rococo is an 18th century French artistic movement. It is very ornate, focusing on light colors, curved lines and asymmetrical design.
Materials: Paper, yarn, glue, watercolor or markers, gold paint (optional)
Anticipatory Set: Discussion the movement.
- Fold the paper into a fan
- Make tassels out of the yarn
- Glue the tassels on to the fan
- Begin decorating the fan with markers or watercolors
- Paint the edges of the fan with gold paint (optional)
Discussion: Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
- What was the Rococo movement?
- What was Rococo for?