Download these environmentally friendly handouts to learn about recycling! The “What to Recycle” Handout shows you what materials you can recycle! Color the pictures to get the hang of recyclables!
Cut out the balloons in the “Balloon Coloring” Handouts and add strings! Then you can hang up your balloons! But be careful! When helium balloons are released into the sky, they end up polluting the Earth. Sometimes animals try to eat them or they become litter. Make sure that you don’t let go of your balloons!
Fun facts about recycling!
- Recycling cardboard only takes 75% of the total energy needed to make new cardboard.
- Recycling plastic takes 88% less energy than making new plastic.
- Only 23% of disposable water bottles are recyled.
- Glass is 100% recyclable! That means it can be recycled over and over again!
- Recycling one glass bottle saves enough energy to light a 100 watt lightbulb for four hours.
- Each ton of recycled paper can save 17 mature trees.
Now you see the importance of recycling! Learn more on your own and start making better choices when it comes to recycling!