Pinwheels are toys and decorations that are thousands of years old! They have history throughout Europe and China, and they are used as traditional decorations during Chinese New Year, where they symbolize “to turn one’s luck around.”
Use these two pinwheel handouts to create your own pinwheel! Color and decorate the cutout of your pinwheel.
Materials: Scissors, hole punch, stapler, pipe cleaner, pencil.
1. Cut along the dotted lines.
2. Use a hole punch to punch out the circles.
3. Fold the corners to line up in the center.
4. Put a pipe cleaner through the holes in the center of the pinwheel.
5. Twist the top of the pipe cleaner into a knot so it doesn’t slide back through the holes.
6 Staple in the folded pieces together in the center.
7. Wrap the bottom of the pipe cleaner around a pencil.