Project Title: Paper Bag Hand Puppets
Description: Students make puppets to act and play with from paper bags. This is a great project to teach students how to work together.
Grade Level or Target Range : preschool
Vocabulary : color, shape, character, features
Materials: small paper bag, precut yarn or string, markers, colored pencils, googly eyes, construction paper.
Anticipatory Set: talk about the different features everyone has and how no one is the same. Now can you come up with a character of your own?
- Glue yarn or string to the bag to make hair. ( 5 minutes)
- Then glue googly eyes onto the front ( 5 minutes)
- Next have students glue construction paper onto the bottom of the front for clothing (5 minutes)
- While glued parts dry, have students draw the nose and mouth o, and decorate the clothing (5 minutes)
- Now that our puppets are done, break students up into groups and have them make up a story for their puppets to act out. (10 minutes)
6 Have the groups perform their plays for the remained of the class (3o minutes)
- Was it difficult working together?
- Do you think working together is important?