your destination: (objectives)
- Give a simple 3D lesson by creating an illusion out of line and color.
travel kit: (materials)
- Your choice of medium (I recommend markers or crayons) with that has multiple colors, paper.
on the path
- First heart: Draw a heart that takes up your whole paper.
- Second heart: Draw a heart that takes up your whole paper.
- First heart: Draw six or seven lines through your heart touching each side of the paper.
- Second heart: Draw horizontal waves from the top to bottom of your paper.
- First heart: Choose one or two new colors. Color each individual shape that your lines have created. Coordinate with your two colors.
- Second heart: Choose one or two new colors. Start from the top left and change colors every time you get to a new shape that your wavy lines made in your heart.
group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Introduce your class to the artist Jeff Koons and other sculptures.
extend your journey
- Create 3D sculptures made out of a medium that is typically used for 2D art, such as paper.
learn new vocabulary
- Optical Illusion.
discover … : (website links)