National Stress Awareness Day is celebrated on November 3rd every year. It’s always the first Wednesday in November.
Fun fact: National Stress Awareness Day is a sponsored event by the International Stress Management Association (ISMA). It was founded by Carole Spiers, the chairperson of ISMA.
Stress can be…
- Depression or anxiety.
- Anger, irritability, or restlessness.
- Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Racing thoughts or constant worry.
- Problems with your memory or concentration.
Celebrate this day by taking the middle of the week to sit back and relax. Color a picture or read a book. Go for a hike or bake some cookies. Do whatever it is you do to relax and breathe. Talk to a friend or family member if you ever feel too stressed… about anything!