Celebrate National Cookie Day on December 4th by making salt dough cookie ornaments for your Christmas tree! Follow the recipe below:
Materials/ingredients: 1/2 cup salt, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup water, paint or glitter, and ribbon or string.
1. In a large bowl, mix together your salt and flour.
2. Gradually stir in the water.
3. Knead the dough until smooth.
4. Roll the dough to a 1/4″ thickness and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Punch a hole in the top for a string.
5. Lay on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 250 for two hours. Let them cool before decorating.
6. Decorate however you want! Then, tie a string or ribbon through the hole at the top and hang on your tree!