Celebrate National Candle Day on December 4th with this free handout! All you need for this craft are candle sticks of your color choice! For Christmas decorations, try red and green candle sticks!
1. Fill a sink with hot water and add your candle sticks.
2. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes.
3. Remove from water one at a time and bend however you want! Experiment with fun candle colors and shapes!
4. Once cool, rub off the excess wax with your fingers or a paper towel.
Fun facts about candles:
– Ancient Romans burned candles as early as 500 BC.
– Candles were originally made from animal fats.
– Ancient Greeks began the tradition of decorating a cake with candles when celebrating the Goddess Artemis.