With school ending soon, use Literacy Bingo to keep up your reading and writing throughout the summer to combat the summer slide! Earn prizes by completing fun reading and writing activities, like “read a book with an ugly cover” or “read a book and come up with a new title for it.”
This project is one of the virtual literacy through art classes hosted on Facebook Live from 1:30-2pm every Wednesday and Friday. Materials and instructions are posted here afterwards. Tune into the live classes to ask questions, give suggestions, and interact with other students who are stuck at home!
- Decide whether you want to use the pre-filled or blank handout. If you want to fill in the sheet yourself, come up with your own activities or use this list to pick and choose ideas that sound fun to you!
- Once your Bingo sheet is completed (whether you filled out the handout with your own activities or printed the pre-filled sheet), decorate it! Bring some color and pictures to the sheet.
- Come up with a prize or a reward for when you complete a row or column. It could be a special dessert, choice of movie, bragging rights, or anything else you come up with!
- Complete your activities! Cross them off whenever you finish an activity!
- If you have siblings or friends who want to play too, you can make a competition out of it! Who will finish a column first? Who will finish all the activities first?