Title/Description: St. Patrick’s Day Stationary
Level: Elementary School
Duration: Two 45-minute class periods
Historical Overview: St. Patrick’s Day
Goals and Objectives: To introduce goal setting using art
Vocabulary: Leprechaun, shamrock
Materials: Construction paper, white glue, glitter, colored pencils, crayons
- Anticipatory Set: Show posters and books of images of different types of cards and Ireland.
- Students each cut out a shamrock from a piece of green construction paper and use glue to decorate with glitter.
- Students write or draw three wishes they would ask for if they were lucky enough to find a four-leaf clover or a leprechaun.
- Demonstrate ways to draw a leprechaun.
- Students draw with colored pencil on white paper.
- Students design their own card and envelope and color with crayons.
- Students fold card, cut out envelope, and glue sides.
- Students use glue and glitter to decorate pot of gold, sun, or rainbow.