Project Title: Fashion Figures
Description: Students design and create clothes for straw figures.
Grade level or Target Age Range: middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Fashion design
Materials: glue, fabric, straw, paper, pencils, india ink, fountain pens, scissors
Anticipatory Set: Discussion on how to turn design into a reality
- Make a fashion drawing with india ink
- Once you’ve found your design, start working on the straw figure!
- Glue the straw together, in the shape of a figure
- Cut out your designs on the fabric
- Glue designs on to the straw figure
Discussion: Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
- What steps go into design?
- How are clothes made?