Your destination: (objectives)
- Create a face mask out of a t-shirt that you have laying around the house. This is a great way to stay safe affordably.
- Travel kit: (materials)
- Old t-shirt, scissors,marker
On the path
- Lay the t-shirt out and measure how much material you need to cover your face from the noise to chin.
- Fold the t-shirt in half and then cut the folded area out. This should make a sort of tube.
- Now you can make the front of the mask where your face is covered. Measure about 4 inches from one of the sides and then make a mark. On the other side you are going to make the straps. On the top measure two inches and make a mark, then repeat this on the bottom.
- Next cut out the middle part of the tube, separating the straps. Cut up to the four in mark on the top and bottom.
- Tie a knot with each of the straps closest to the face part of the mask. Next make another knot towards the end of the straps to secure them.
Group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Everyone could bring in an extra t-shirt and we could all make mask to donate to people that need them.
Extend your journey
- The class could have a fundraiser and sell the mask.
Learn new vocabulary
discover … : (website links)