Your destination: (objectives)
- Create a face mask out of a t-shirt that you have laying around the house. This is a great way to stay safe affordably.
- Travel kit: (materials)
- Old t-shirt, scissors,marker
On the path
- Lay the t-shirt out and measure
how much material you need to cover your face from the noise to chin.
- Fold the t-shirt in half
and then cut the folded area out. This should make a sort of tube.
- Now you can make the front
of the mask where your face is covered. Measure about 4 inches from one of the
sides and then make a mark. On the other side you are going to make the straps.
On the top measure two inches and make a mark, then repeat this on the bottom.
- Next cut out the middle
part of the tube, separating the straps. Cut up to the four in mark on the top
- Tie a knot with each of the
straps closest to the face part of the mask. Next make another knot towards the
end of the straps to secure them.
Group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Everyone could bring in an
extra t-shirt and we could all make mask to donate to people that need them.
Extend your journey
- The class could have a fundraiser
and sell the mask.
Learn new vocabulary