Project Title: Depth Scene Project
Description: Create a scene using multiple layers of transparency paper to create depth
Grade level or Target Age Range: middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Dustin Yellin – artist
Materials: transparency paper, tape, paper, scissors, color pencils, pencils
Anticipatory Set: Discussion on depth
- Draw and color layers to a scene
- Each layer is a part of the background
- Tape them to different layers of transparency
- Together, they create the illusion of depth
Discussion: Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
- What is depth?
- How do you achieve depth?