Fold and decorate your very own story dice and play with friends or family to come up with creative and surprising stories!
This project is one of the virtual literacy through art classes hosted on Facebook Live from 1:30-2pm every Wednesday and Friday. Materials and instructions are posted here afterwards. Tune into the live classes to ask questions, give suggestions, and interact with other students who are stuck at home!
- Something to draw with
- Dice hand out
- Print out the box handout and cut it out.
- On each square, draw an image, it can be a setting, animal, symbol, emoji, or anything else you want. You should have 6 different pictures.
- Once you are finished drawing and coloring, fold along all the dotted lines, including ALL the tabs (even the one tab that does not have a dotted line).
- Put glue on the top of each tab and assemble the box. All tabs should be on the inside, so you can’t see them. When you’re finished it should look like a cube, each side with a different image, and your very own story dice is complete!
- It is suggested that you make at least three for the Group Tour game, but make as many as you like! The more you make the more fun your games will be.
- Grab a piece of paper and something to write with. Roll the dice (if you made multiple dice you can roll them all at once) and come up with a story using all the images you rolled.
- Using all the images pushes you to be extra creative and write a story with plot twists you may not have expected originally.
- Write your story down and share it with us!
Play with a Group:
- Everybody in your group takes turns rolling the dice. The first person uses the image the dice lands on to start a story.
- The next person rolls the dice and continues the story with the image the dice landed on.
- Continue taking turns rolling the dice and adding on to the story for as long as you like! By the end of the game you will have a surprising and unique story that you and your group created together!