your destination: (objectives)
- Create a chart with a color wheel in the shape of a flower that includes labeled primary and secondary colors and also ROYGBIV.
travel kit: (materials)
- Something to color with, paper, pen/marker
on the path
- First, draw the center of the flower with black, a neutral color.
- Next, draw the primary colors (yellow, blue, red) in the shape of the petals. Label them with a “P”.
- Draw the secondary colors (orange, green, purple) in the shape of petals. Label them with a “S”.
- Last, create a stem with the colors of ROYGBIV. Label them with the appropriate color.
group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Look at artist that tend to use lot of primary colors in their work such as Piet Mondrian.
extend your journey
- Start mixing colors by navigating through your chart.
learn new vocabulary
- Primary colors, secondary colors, ROYGBIV.
discover … : (website links)