With this project we used air dry clay! Air dry clay is easy to use! Just mix with water! Once project drys ( 24 hours) students can complete their project by painting!
Air dry is easy to shape and create with your hands, just like using play dough!
Air dry clay
Paint ( we are using red, green and white for this project!)
- Shape clay into the shape of a hot dog using your hands roll back and forth. It is also easy to shape and roll on the table!
- Bend clay down on the top to look like a candy cane
- Once clay drys you can paint!
- Instruct students to paint candy cane! If you would like it to look like a traditional candy cane instruct the students to paint candy cane white. Once it dries paint red or green stripes on candy cane!
- Teacher can using a small piece of red or green ribbon tie onto ornament where candy cane bends!