Arts Non-Profit Office Assistant
Job Description: Work with Executive Director to help maintain ASI office operations by receiving and distributing communications, office, site schedules and invoices; assist with meetings; record keeping.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, between 8:00am –6:00pm, (with limited weekends). Assistants are needed for varying shifts during operational hours and office hours (Wednesday through Friday, between 8:00am –3:00pm).
This is a 20 hour per week, 6 month non-paid opportunity.
Founded in 1998, Art Sphere Inc. (ASI) is a Philadelphia-based non-profit, established to teach art to inner-city low-income youth. Our mission is to engage the creative in communities, empower neighborhoods to explore the positives in peoples’ lives, and heal the mind, body and spirit through art.
The ideal candidate(s) are:
- Dependable with respect for confidentiality
- Practical with basic computer skills
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work well with others and have a positive attitude
The ideal candidate(s) will are/able to:
- Dropbox, documentation skills and knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other computer programs as may be necessary.
- Excellent verbal communication and administrative writing skills.
- ASI Intake Release Form rev. 2017 http://artsphere.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ASI-Intake-Release-Form-rev.-2017.pdf
- Act 34 Background Check
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting (required by Philadelphia Recreation Centers if you have not lived in PA for ten consecutive years)
- Directions found here for checks: http://artsphere.org/get-involved/sign-up-to-volunteer/
Minimum Education | N/A
Number of Positions | unknown
Office Location BOK Building, 1901 S 9th Street, Studio 502, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Contact Name Kristin Groenveld
Contact E-mail Address [email protected]
Primary Phone 215-350-1968
Instructions for filing Act 34 and 151 Background Checks: One-time event volunteers are not currently required to complete background checks. Otherwise, ALL ASI Volunteers and Interns are required to submit … Continue reading New Volunteers: Help with Background Checks
Embed from Getty Images Understanding the do’s and don’ts of sharing material on the internet can be tricky, however it is tremendously important to respect creative property and not infringe … Continue reading Copyrighted Material and Non-Profits