Follow the instructions on the handout below to make caramel apples!
Ingredients: One bag of store-bought chewy caramels (Werther’s Originals work well), six apples, heavy cream, caramel apple sticks, parchment paper, and optional toppings.
1. Rinse and dry apples. Insert the sticks through the center of each apple.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl melt caramels and three tablespoons of heavy cream. Melt in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir in between until the caramel is smooth and melted.
3. Dip your apples! Then, roll in optional toppings.
4. Place apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Let set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Try adding fun toppings! Try cookie/Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, mini M&M’s, chopped nuts, sea salt, coconut shavings, or anything else you can think of!