Project Title: Art Pre-Test 1
Description: Students will complete an art pre-test in order for the teacher to measure skill level and color wheel knowledge
Author: Dayna Ensminger
Grade level or Target Age Range: Elementary Level, ages 5+
Historical Art Examples or References: –
Vocabulary: Color Wheel, rainbow, circle, order
Materials: White paper, construction paper squares in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, scissors, pencils, erasers, glue
1. Distribute all materials to each student.
2. Ask the students to write their name and age on the white paper.
3. Ask the students to raise their hands if they’ve ever heard of the “color wheel.” Students who did should put a check mark next to their names (teacher can also go around and do this.)
4. Students will be asked to use their scissors to cut the squares into circles. They should do this for all 6 colors.
5. Students should arrange their cut construction paper circles into a color wheel. Younger students may opt to put them in rainbow order.
6. Teacher will walk around and mark which students have the colors in the correct order, which students have only 1-2 colors misplaced, which students have 3 or more colors misplaced, etc.
7. Teacher will have group discussion on the color wheel/rainbow order. Students should arrange their color wheels correctly to reflect they have fixed their mistakes.
8. Students will glue down their color wheel and turn it in to the teacher.
9. Teacher will mark students’ cutting ability and will use students’ ages to assist with grading.