Students emulate a famous artist
Elementary school to middle school
Historical Art Examples or References
The artist they pick
Art History: study of history and development of certain art techniques
List of artists
Talk about a brief history of the artists they chose.
1. Research an artist and their style. Look at paintings, why they chose the specified colors and subjects that were used, and try to understand their work in their historical context.
2. In pencil, draw out your own design inspired by the artist you picked.
3. In watercolor, paint in the way the artist would have.
Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
1. What artist did I choose?
2. Why was this artist significant?