By Arm and Hammer
It can be hard to entertain kids, especially at home and with limited supplies. Arm and Hammer created 7 easy hands-on projects that require baking soda and only a few extra materials. The link for materials and instructions for all these awesome projects is embedded below. We have done some of these projects with our classes and they always have a lot of dun with them!
- Sneaker Peekers – Kids can create and decorate their own creature, which doubles as a deodorizer for their stinky sneakers.
- Magic Beans –
- Tie-dye Slime – Peace, love and slime! Here’s a far out idea for craft time: tie dye slime made with ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda.
- Natural Play Clay – Kids love playing with clay. And you’ll love this clay, made with just 4 ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen.
- Bubbly Bath Fizzies – Drop these in the tub to make bath time a whole lot more fun
- Erupting Volcano – The classic science fair project is a classic for a reason: watching the natural reaction of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda combining with vinegar. When that happens, carbon dioxide is released, which creates bubbles from the dish soap and food coloring
- Water Color Wonders – Before your kids paint a masterpiece, help them make the paint, first! All you need is a few ingredients from your own kitchen, and they’ll do the rest. It’s a fun way to make a creative project even more creative! NOTE: Watercolor Wonders are not edible, and adult supervision is recommended.