Use poker cards to make a Mother’s Day project that your mom will never forget! Write something you love about her on every card to make sure your mom knows how much you love and appreciate her!
This project is one of the virtual literacy through art classes hosted on Facebook Live from 1:30-2pm every Wednesday and Friday. Materials and instructions are posted here afterwards. Tune into the live classes to ask questions, give suggestions, and interact with other students who are stuck at home!
- A deck of poker cards or the card template
- Something to write with
- Something to keep the cards together: a hole punch with string through it, a binder clip, a box for poker cards, and anything else you can come up with!
- If you are using a deck of poker cards I suggest that you write your notes on blank paper and then glue it on to the back of the card. If you are using the template write directly on it.
- Poker decks have 52 cards (the template printed has 54 but you do not need to use all of them), so come up with 52 nice things to say about your mom and write one nice thing per card! What do you love about her? What are some of her unique qualities? What do you and her like to do together? What are her strengths?
- Once you have written the 52 reasons why you love your mom, figure out how you want to keep your cards all together. You can hole punch and use string, use binder/paper clips, use a box for poker cards and put your modified cards in there. Get creative! Your mom will really appreciate it!