Project Title: Quilt Box
Description: Students create 3-Dimensional box and decorate the outside.
Grade level or Target Age Range: preschool to middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Color Wheel
Vocabulary: color wheel, quilt
Materials: glue, color pencils, scissors, pre-made box cut-out
Anticipatory Set: Discussion on the color wheel
Demo/Directions: (Roughly plan amount of time it takes to do each procedure)
- Cut out the box
- Color each compartment a color in the color wheel
- Decorate the rest of the box
- Glue together the flaps to make the box 3-dimensional
- How does the color wheel work?
- What order do the colors go in?
- How to make a one-dimensional object three-dimensional.
Instructional Reflection: It is good to remind the students that little glue must be applied. This is a great way for students to explore how to use glue. It also helps students understand how to turn a one dimensional object into a three dimensional one. The color wheel is being applied in this project, as it helps the kids learn the order of the color wheel.