Vienna, the capital of Austria, has the world’s oldest zoo which was founded in 1752.
Austria is a mostly mountainous country with the Alps covering the western and the southern parts and mostly gentle hills in the eastern and northern parts.
Austria is in Central Europe, with a population of 8.86 million people. Its capital is Vienna, and their currency is Euro. The official language in Austria is German.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Epiphany (Jan 6)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Corpus Christi (Date Varies)
- Assumption Day (Aug 15)
- National Day (Oct 26)
- All Saints’ Day (Nov 1)
- Immaculate Conception Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- St. Stephen’s Day (Dec 26)
It has ten world heritage sites including:
- Ancient and Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe
- City of Graz – Historic Centre and Schloss Eggenberg
- Historic Centre of Vienna
- Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn
It also has six national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Austria’s tourism website!