Argentina shares a land border with five countries: Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, and Paraguay.
Argentina was the first country to have radio broadcasting in the world on August 27, 1920.
Argentina is in South America, with a population of 45 million people. Its capital is Buenos Aires, and their currency is Argentine Peso(ARS).The official language in Argentina is Spanish.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Carnival Monday (Date Varies)
- Carnival Tuesday (Date Varies)
- Truth and Justice Memorial Day (Date Varies)
- Maundy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Malvinas Day (April 2)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- May Day Revolution (Bridge Day) (May 25)
- Father’s Day (Date Varies)
- National Flag Day (June 20)
- Martin Miguel de Guemes Day (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (July 9)
- San Martin’s Day (Date Varies)
- Public Holiday (Date Varies)
- Mother’s Day (Date Varies)
- Day of National Sovereignty (Date Varies)
- Immaculate Conception Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has 11 world heritage sites including:
- Cueva de las Manos, Río Pinturas
- Jesuit Block and Estancias of Córdoba
- Qhapaq Ñan, Andean Road System
- Quebrada de Humahuaca
It also has 35 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Argentina’s tourism website!