(click for larger image)
Directions to fold origami duck
- Start with a square piece of paper
- Fold the square in half at a diagonal to make a triangle
- Positioning the paper like a diamond, fold two edges in to the center fold line to make a kite shape
- Turn the paper over so the kite is one smooth shape
- Fold the kite in half matching the top and bottom two triangle points together.
- Fold the smaller point (which will be the head and beak) in half again away from the other triangle point.
- Use the valley fold to make the crease between the head and the beak.
- Fold the wider triangle down half halfway to meet the head.
- Use the Mountain Fold to fold the duck in half so that both sides match and are symmetric.
- Carefully pull the head upward away from the body.
- Carefully pull the tail upward away from the body.
- Carefully pull the beak upward away from the head.
- Fold the bottom flaps inside so that the duck can sit upright on the table.
- Fold back points to inside.
- Decorate with marker!