Title/ Description: Dinosaur paper plate
Level: Pre-K/ Kindergartners
Duration: 45 min. class period
Goals and Objectives: To learn about what a Brachiosaurus, pronounced brack-ee-ow-sor-us, eats and how they behave. To expand their knowledge on dinosaurs.
- The word dinosaur means frighteningly big lizard.
- Dinosaurs that eat plants are called herbivores.
- Brachiosaurus have long necks and do not chew their food.
- They have four legs and walk on their toes.
- Dinosaurs that eat meat are called carnivores.
- The tyrannosaurus rex (T. Rex) has a powerful tail and teeth but small arm.
- They have two legs
- Paper plates
- Stapler or glue
- Crayons/markers/color pencils
- Cut the paper plate in half; one half will be the dinosaur’s body
- Cut the outer portion of a new paper plate to make the neck and head.
- Cut out four rectangular shapes for the legs.
- Cut out a lengthy triangular shape for the tail.
- Staple or glue the legs to the the body; attach the neck and tail to the body as well.
- Use crayons/markers/color pencils to decorate the dinosaur.