Project Title: Dutch Windmill with Popsicle Sticks
Description: Students create a windmill out of construction paper and popsicle sticks
Grade level or Target Age Range: preschool to middle school
Historical Art Examples or References: Images of dutch windmills and facts about windpower
Vocabulary: alternative energy
Materials: glue, scissors, construction paper, Popsicle sticks, crayons
Anticipatory Set: Discussion on alternative energy
1. Draw a house on construction paper
2. Glue Popsicle sticks into a cross
3. Glue Popsicle sticks to the center of the house
Discussion: Life applications; how the lesson might apply to non-art related experiences or other types of knowledge.
- What is alternative energy?
- How do dutch windmills work?