Ice cream Cone Project Collages: A group project that inspires sharing that is age appropriate for preschool through elementary school.
Vocabulary: Basic shapes, including circle, square, triangle, and rectangle, all over pattern, texture, repetition, collage
Materials: Manila paper (recycled files and faded and yellowed paper work well, too), scrap construction paper, glue, markers and scissors
- Starting with a square piece of paper, fold at a diagonal.
- Unfold and then fold each side to center.
- Folded paper becomes the cone, triangle at the top becomes ice cream.
- Add additional ice cream flavors or half circle colors of construction paper.
- Add toppings. Each student can be assigned to make their own and to share.
- Lines can be drawn on cone with color pencils, crayons or markers.
Opportunity for Discussion and play:
- Students can pretend their group is its own ice cream shop.
- Create a name for restaurant, menu with prices, and descriptions for different toppings and names for different kinds of ice cream.
- How is ice cream made?
- Discuss allergies and alternatives for Ice cream such as sherbet, gelato, non-dairy ice cream, ice milk.