Project Title: Dog and cat Paper Bag Puppets
Description: Students create a paper bag puppet that is either a dog or cat
Grade Level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool – Kindergarten
Historical Art Examples or References: N/A
Materials: paper bags, google eyes, construction paper, three little fuzz balls, scissors, and glue
Anticipatory Set: To create a puppet
- Give Puppet that has been pre-preped with eyes and nose made of three fuzz balls
- Ask chidren if they are making cat or dog?
- Then hand out various cut out packets for the cats and seperate packates for the children who would like to make dogs.
- The teachers work at each table helping the students glue the various parts at the right place.
- The children then drew collars on their animals
Discussion: What do cats and dogs and humans all need to survive? What do dogs eat? What do cats eat? At the end of our time at Cione we told them we had nine more visits and asked them to show us nine fingers. We discussed ten fingers take away one.
Instructional Reflection: I would use the cutouts to create more instructuion on the different shapes involved in the cutouts used to create the puppets.