Project Title: Pumpkin Picture
Description: Students will create a picture with a pumpkin as the focus
Grade Level: Pre-school
Vocabulary: circle, triangle, oval
Materials: Glue, construction paper, scissors, and crayons
Anticipatory Set: What holiday is coming up?
1. Pre-cut a yellow circle with a diameter of 4 inches. A orange oval 8×5 inches (shape of a pumpkin). A strip of green paper 1.5 inches wide to go across the bottom of the page. One sheet of blue or purple paper. Give each student these pieces of material.
2. Draw two triangles where the eyes would be on the orange oval.
3. Draw an upside down triangle where the nose would go on the orange oval.
4. Make a half circle as a mouth on the orange oval.
5. Draw two circles as the eyes on the yellow circle.
6. Draw a circle as the mouth on the yellow circle.
7. Glue the pumpkin on the page.
8. Glue the yellow circle (the moon) towards the top of the page.
9. Glue the green strip (the grass) on the bottom of the pages.
10. Draw some vertical lines as grass on the green strip.
Discussion: The children struggled with the understanding of the shapes. I would like to continue to teach them shapes since they lack understanding.
Materials: Model Magic Clay, Markers Directions: Students make a pinch pots and then turn cup on its side. Students add eyes on top of container and teeth around mouth of cup – … Continue reading Pinch Pot Clay Monsters
Preschool Literacy through Art Clay and Paper Projects Materials: Model Magic, Construction Paper, Scissors, Glue, Markers Directions: Students listen to the story “Mice and Beans” by Pam Munoz Ryan Students … Continue reading Clay Mice and Mice and Beans and City Mouse and Country Mouse Children’s Story
ASI Theatre and Story telling Program Projects Weeks 1-6: Getting to Know You Objective: Students will feel comfortable in a new environment, realizing that theatre class is a place where … Continue reading ASI Theatre, Art and Literacy Lessons For Preschool Age Youth
ASI Architecture Program Projects Spring 2018 Reference Books: The Picture History of Great Buildings by William Clements and If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen Materials: White Glue, … Continue reading ASI Architecture Program Art Projects
Project Title: Leaf Rubbings Descriptions: Students use leaf rubbings to make fish Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to early elementary Historical Art Examples or References: Rainbow Fish by Marcus … Continue reading Cione & Fishtown Leaf Rubbings
Project Title: 3D Fish Descriptions: Students create a 3D Fish using crayons and stuffing it with paper Author: Liza Grade Level or Target Age Range: Preschool to early elementary Historical … Continue reading Cione 3D Fish
roject Title: The Hungry Caterpillar Description: Read the Hungry Caterpillar and have the children create their own beautiful butterfly out of fabric. Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to … Continue reading Fishtown Hungry Caterpillar
Project Title: The Hungry Caterpillar Description: Read the Hungry Caterpillar and have the children create their own beautiful butterfly out of fabric. Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: … Continue reading Cione Hungry Caterpillar
Project Title: Paper Bag Puppies Description: Students made paper bag puppies using paper bags Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to Kindergarten Historical Art Examples or References: … Continue reading Fishtown Recreation Paper Bag Puppies