Project Title: Leaf Rubbings
Descriptions: Students use leaf rubbings to make fish
Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to early elementary
Historical Art Examples or References: Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfiser
Vocabulary:circle, oval, triangle
Materials: thin paper, leafs, crayons
Anticipatory set: Read Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Place crayons on the table
- Give everyone one sheet of thin paper and place a leaf under it
- Instruct the students to hold the paper with the opposite hand that they write with
- Then have them take the crayon and rub over the leaf
- Then trace around the leaf making a fish body and adding a tail
- Draw other fish on the paper by drawing an oval and a triangle
- Add circles as bubbles for the fish
- Draw swirly lines as seaweed
Discussions: (Questions to go with Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfiser)
- Did you ever have something someone else wanted?
- How does rainbow fish feel about sharing?
- What do you think he should do?
- How do the other fish feel about rainbow fish?
Instructional Reflection: The children need more work on identifying their shapes. I would like to work on this in further projects.
Project Title: 3D Fish Descriptions: Students create a 3D Fish using crayons and stuffing it with paper Author: Liza Grade Level or Target Age Range: Preschool to early elementary Historical … Continue reading Cione 3D Fish
roject Title: The Hungry Caterpillar Description: Read the Hungry Caterpillar and have the children create their own beautiful butterfly out of fabric. Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to … Continue reading Fishtown Hungry Caterpillar
Project Title: The Hungry Caterpillar Description: Read the Hungry Caterpillar and have the children create their own beautiful butterfly out of fabric. Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: … Continue reading Cione Hungry Caterpillar
Project Title: Paper Bag Puppies Description: Students made paper bag puppies using paper bags Author: Liza Grade level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool to Kindergarten Historical Art Examples or References: … Continue reading Fishtown Recreation Paper Bag Puppies
Project Title: Dog and cat Paper Bag Puppets Description: Students create a paper bag puppet that is either a dog or cat Author: Liza Grade Level or Targeted Age Range: Preschool – … Continue reading Cione dog and cat paper bag puppets