Title/ Description: Dinosaur paper plate
Level: Pre-K/ Kindergartners
Duration: 45 min. class period
Goals and Objectives: To learn about what a Brachiosaurus, pronounced brack-ee-ow-sor-us, eats and how they behave. To expand their knowledge on dinosaurs.
- The word dinosaur means frighteningly big lizard.
- Dinosaurs that eat plants are called herbivores.
- Brachiosaurus have long necks and do not chew their food.
- They have four legs and walk on their toes.
- Dinosaurs that eat meat are called carnivores.
- The tyrannosaurus rex (T. Rex) has a powerful tail and teeth but small arm.
- They have two legs
- Paper plates
- Stapler or glue
- Crayons/markers/color pencils
- Cut the paper plate in half; one half will be the dinosaur’s body
- Cut the outer portion of a new paper plate to make the neck and head.
- Cut out four rectangular shapes for the legs.
- Cut out a lengthy triangular shape for the tail.
- Staple or glue the legs to the the body; attach the neck and tail to the body as well.
- Use crayons/markers/color pencils to decorate the dinosaur.
Title/ Description: Writing Poetry Level: grades 8-12 Duration: 10, 2-hour class periods Historical Overview: Poetry has been around for thousands of years. Tracing back to the first signs of poetry is difficult, … Continue reading Free Poetry Lesson Plan
Title/ Description: Paper bag Owls Level: grades 4-7 Duration: One, 45 min. class periods Goals and Objectives: To learn about what makes owls unique from other birds based on their habitats, appearance, … Continue reading Free Lesson Plan: Paper Bag Owls
The John Heinz event consisted of various activities children of all ages could take part in. The theme and environment was nature loving. Our table connected migrating animals, butterflies and … Continue reading John Heinz Event
The Bok Street Festival enabled learning through art for children of all ages. The table set up consisted of a chalkboard cloth and drawing handouts describing the Pennsylvania’s native fish, … Continue reading Bok Street Festival
The Bok Post Open Studio event displayed art from the volunteers and children of Art Sphere to be admired by people interested in the arts and cause. Items ranging from … Continue reading Bok Post Open Studio
I am a sophomore student at Drexel University majoring in Biology. I hope my major will eventually lead me to the endocrinology field (hormone control). Before my interest in science … Continue reading Meet Volunteer Brianna